There’s a bonanza of must-see-sports-tv this weekend. Let’s go down the list that got my attention.
- Roy Halladay toys with the lowly Marlins. This one should be over by the end of the first period of the next item. (TSN, 7 pm)
- Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. We can finally be done with it. This doesn’t mean I don’t love hockey (I do) or that the quality of play has been poor (it hasn’t), it’s just that it’s fucking June already. (CBC, NBC, 8 pm)
- 24 Hours of LeMans. Scroll down a couple posts for my thoughts on why this event is so special. (Coverage begins at 8am on Speed, goes until noon then comes back on at 4 pm until 10 pm, then coverage picks up again at Midnight until the checkered flag at 9:30 am Sunday).
- Casey Janssen continues his journey back to dominance with a start against the Marlins (1 pm, TSN)
- This is only for those in Ottawa, but Tyson: The Documentary is playing at the Bytowne at 2:45 pm, and I’ll be there with a group of friends
- The New York Mets take on the New York Yankees. One of the only series that makes interleague play palatable. Ken Rosenthal has a good column on the Mets manager and why he’s doomed to fail. (Fox, 4 pm)
- LeMans wraps up (Speed, all morning up to 9:30 am)
- The Summer of Tallet (as Tao of Stieb refers to it) continues, with the man himself taking on the Marlins (TSN, 1 pm)
- Kobe and the Lakers could finish the series against the Magic (TSN, 8 pm)
In Other News:
- Say it ain’t so: Pedro Drawing Interest (and it ain’t from Les Geais Bleus).